South Bend Civic Theater

South Bend Civic Theatre was founded in 1957 by two University of Notre Dame graduates. SBCT staged most of its productions after 1968 at The Firehouse, a local historic landmark located at 701 Portage Ave., in the city’s historic Park Avenue neighborhood.

Beginning in the year 2000, SBCT began staging selected productions each year at Century Center’s Bendix Theatre, at the Morris Performing Arts Center, and for the first time in 2005, at the DeBartolo Center for the Performing Arts on the campus of Notre Dame.